Participating in ASPREE
Thank you to all our 19,114 ASPREE participants enrolled in the ASPREE study in Australia and the USA. The ASPREE clinical trial concluded in December 2017.
- Participating in the ASPREE study involved taking your study tablet every day (up until June 2017), attending annual health checks and receiving brief phone calls (until December 2017).
- ASPREE is a double-blinded, placebo controlled study, which means researchers, GPs and participants do not know whether your tablet was 100mg of aspirin or a placebo tablet.
- Our team called you approximately every 3 months between annual study visits, asking about your health.
- Many participants also enrolled in ASPREE sub-studies. Thank you. Your willingness to share health information and/or undergo additional clinical measurements such as an MRI, is much appreciated.
- ASPREE-Hearing, ASPREE-AMD and ACES (ASPREE Cancer Endpoint Study) sub studies are ongoing.
- Participants will be notified of their study tablet around the same time as publication of the main study paper in 2018