Participating in ASPREE
Thank you to all our 19,114 ASPREE participants enrolled in the ASPREE study in the US and Australia. The ASPREE clinical trial concluded in December 2017.
- Participating in the ASPREE study involved taking your study tablet every day (up until June 2017), attending annual health checks and receiving brief phone calls (until December 2017).
- ASPREE is a double-blinded, placebo controlled study, which means researchers and participants do not know whether your tablet was 100mg of aspirin or a matched placebo tablet.
- Our team called you approximately every 3 months between annual study visits, asking about your health.
- Participants were invited to be a part of the follow up observational study (ASPREE-XT) to determine the possible longer term effects of aspirin on health and identify other factors that may influence aging.
- Thank you to the many participants who also enrolled in ASPREE sub-studies. Your willingness to share health information is much appreciated.
- To contact your Clinical Trial Center click here.
- If you have any questions about the study, please do contact your ASPREE study staff or visit our FAQ page.
- You will be notified of your study tablet around the same time as publication of the main study paper in 2018.