- McNeil JJ, Woods RL, Nelson MR, Murray AM, Reid CM, Kirpach B, Storey E, Shah RC, Wolfe R, Tonkin AM, Newman AB, Williamson JD, Lockery JE, Margolis KL, Ernst ME, Abhayaratna WP, Stocks N, Fitzgerald SM, Trevaks RE, Orchard SG, Beilin LJ, Donnan GA, Gibbs P, Johnston CI, Grimm RH; on behalf of the ASPREE investigator group. Baseline Characteristics of Participants in the ASPREE (ASPirin in Reducing Events in the Elderly) Study. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci, 2017, Vol. 00, No. 00, 1–8 doi:10.1093/gerona/glw342
- Ward SA, Raniga P, Ferris NJ, Woods RL, Storey E, Bailey MJ, Brodtmann A, Yates PA, Donnan GA, Trevaks RE, Wolfe R, Egan GF, McNeil JJ; (Joint Senior authorship); on behalf of the ASPREE investigator group. ASPREE-NEURO study protocol: A randomized controlled trial to determine the effect of low-dose aspirin on cerebral microbleeds, white matter hyperintensities, cognition, and stroke in the healthy elderly. Int J Stroke. 2017 Jan;12(1):108-113. doi:10.1177/1747493016669848
- Eisen DP, Moore EM, Leder K, Lockery JE, McBryde ES, McNeil JJ, Pilcher D, Wolfe R, Woods RL. AspiriN To Inhibit SEPSIS (ANTISEPSIS) randomised controlled trial protocol BMJ Open 2017;7:e013636. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2016-013636
- Berk M, Woods RL, Nelson, Shah RC, Reid CM, Storey E, Fitzgerald SM, Lockery JE, Wolfe R, Mohebbi M, Murray AM, Kirpach B, Grimm R, McNeil JJ. ASPREE-D: Aspirin for the prevention of depression in the elderly. International Psychogeriatrics. 2016 May doi:10.1017/S104161021600079X
- Lowthian JA, Britt CJ, Rance G, Lin FR, Woods RL, Wolfe R, Nelson MR, Dillon HA, Ward S, Reid CM, Lockery JE, Nguyen TT, McNeil JJ, Storey E. Slowing the progression of age-related hearing loss: Rationale and study design of the ASPIRIN in HEARING, retinal vessels imaging and neurocognition in older generations (ASPREE-HEARING) trial. Contemp Clin Trials. 2015 Nov: 46; 60-66
- Barker AL, McNeil JJ, Seeman E, Ward SA, Sanders KM, Khosla S, Cumming RG, Pasco JA, Bohensky MA, Ebeling PR, Woods RL, Lockery JE, Wolfe R, Talevski J, and the ASPREE Investigator Group. A randomised controlled trial of low-dose aspirin for the prevention of fractures in healthy older people: protocol for the ASPREE-Fracture substudy. Inj Prev. 2015 May 21. pii: injuryprev-2015-041655. doi: 10.1136/injuryprev-2015-041655. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 26002770
- Chong EW, Guymer RH, Robman LD. Does aspirin increase the risk of age-related macular degeneration? Expert Opinion on Drug Safety 2014;13:691-3 doi: 10.1517/14740338.2014.914169
- ASPREE Investigator Group. Study design of ASPirin in Reducing Events in the Elderly (ASPREE): a randomized, controlled trial. Contemporary Clinical Trials 2013; 36: 555–564 doi: 10.1016/j.cct.2013.09.014
- Reid CM, Storey E, Wong TY, Woods RL, Tonkin A, Wang JJ, Kam A, Janke A, Essex R, Abhayaratna WP, Budge MM; on behalf of the ASPREE Study Group. Aspirin for the prevention of cognitive decline in the elderly: rationale and design of a neuro-vascular imaging study (ENVIS-ion). BMC Neurol. 2012 Feb 8;12:3. doi: 10.1186/1471-2377-12-3.
- Woods RL, Tonkin AM, Nelson MR, Britt HC, Reid CM. Should aspirin be used for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in people with diabetes? Med J Aust 2009; 190:614-5 PMID:19485837
- Nelson MR, Reid CM, Ames DA, Beilin LJ, Donnan GA, Gibbs P, Johnston CI, Krum H, Storey E, Tonkin A, Wolfe R, Woods R, McNeil JJ. Feasibility of conducting a primary prevention trial of low-dose aspirin for major adverse cardiovascular events in older people in Australia: results from the ASPirin in Reducing Events in the Elderly (ASPREE) pilot study. Med J Aust 2008; 189:105-109 PMID:18637782
Results of the ASPREE study are due to be published in 2018.