The ASPREE Clinical Trial would not be possible without funding and support from the following organizations:
- NIH (National Institutes of Health) (USA) The mission of the NIH is the pursuit of fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to extend healthy life and reduce the burdens of illness and disability.
- NHMRC (National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia) The NHMRC is Australia’s peak body for supporting health and medical research; for developing health advice for the Australian community, health professionals and governments; and for providing advice on ethical behavior in health care and in the conduct of health and medical research.
- NIA (National Institute on Aging) (USA) A branch of the NIH, the NIA leads a broad scientific effort to understand the nature of aging and to extend the healthy, active years of life.
- NCI (National Cancer Institute) (USA) A branch of the NIH, the NCI is a principal agency that supports cancer research and training in the USA and internationally.
- VCA (Victorian Cancer Agency) (Australia) Funded by the Victorian Government, the VCA invests in projects and initiatives that rapidly translate research into treatments and approaches that will improve clinical practice and care of cancer patients.
- CSIRO, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, is Australia’s national science agency and one of the largest and most diverse research agencies in the world.
- In-kind support by Bayer Schering Pharma through provision of study medication and matching placebo tablet for the duration of the trial.
- Monash University is an energetic and dynamic university, committed to quality education and research.
- Walter Cottman Endowment Fund has been established for the benefit of the Faculties of Medicine at Monash University and Melbourne University
- The JO & JR Wicking Trust and Mason Foundation seek to achieve enduring, positive impact in the areas of vision impairment, care of the aged, problems associated with aging and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Phyllis Connor Memorial Trust managed by Norman Bourke and Equity Trustees
- The Jack Brockhoff Foundation exists to support the health and well-being of all Victorians.
- Deafness Foundation is dedicated to the support of the Deaf and hearing impaired through research, prevention, education, early detection and technology.