Hats off to our perceptive ASPREE participants!
Sincere thanks to our eagle-eyed participants for advising of the misprinted phone number on the back page of the latest ASPREE ‘The Tablet’ newsletter. The correct number is 1800 728 745.
The new look ‘The Tablet’ participant newsletter
What’s in this issue?
- In this edition we have an update on genomics research and genomics projects involving samples from the ASPREE Healthy Ageing Biobank
- Find out how and why the placebo tablet is critical to the findings of the study (50% of participants have been randomly assigned placebo tablets)
- We answer a frequently asked question: “If I can no longer take study medication for medical reasons, am I still in the study?”
- Alzheimer’s Australia outlines dementia support services available for carers in Australia, including a dedicated telephone service
- Who do we spy in the pictorial round-up of study events from earlier this year?
- Find out the top three most popular names for Australian boys and girls enrolled in ASPREE (can you guess?)
Another item of interest includes an article on ASPREE and the ASPREE-D sub study published in The Age and SMH earlier this year https://aspree.org/aus/can-aspirin-prevent-depression-in-older-people/
We hope you enjoy reading this edition of ‘The Tablet’ as much as we have enjoyed putting it together. You can download a copy (with the correct phone number) from here.
Participant feedback is always welcome, so please feel free to let us know what you would like to see in this publication. Email suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org